Scotland Worlds 2018

Private forum for discussions pertaining to the Worlds (visible only to people part of the Scotland group).
cruickies
Advanced Member

Scotland Worlds 2018

Post by cruickies »

Worlds will take place on the 17 & 18 August 2018. Start planning now!!!
Kirby
Advanced Member

Re: Scotland Worlds 2018

Post by Kirby »

Are you sure Hylton? Isn't it usually the second weekend in August? I need to know so I can schedule our dorm rooms.
cruickies
Advanced Member

Post by cruickies »

Yes I am sure would you like to bet a wager? 😜

Check for yourself on the webpage for the worlds.
Kirby
Advanced Member

Post by Kirby »

19 double rooms and 1 single room have been booked for Sunday August 5th to Sunday August 19th at Carincross House at the University of Glasgow. That's 39 beds. First dibs are for band members and any guest pipers/drummers who play with us, and then member guests. Start thinking about how many guests you're going to have, and how many beds might be available and make sure to have a back-up plan for guests if we can't get extra dorm rooms; I'd like to have a firm number by New Years (it will be here before you know it!). 
Last edited by Kirby on Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evan
Advanced Member

Post by Evan »

Sean, to avoid any issues, would you please advise them that one of your band members may be traveling with a service dog?  I will contact my vet to ensure I have everything in line for traveling overseas, but I want to avoid the issues we had in Canada.  Thanks.
skyhawk
Advanced Member

Post by skyhawk »

All,

I'm long overdue for a trip back home next summer, so it doesn't look like Steph and I will be able to go to Scotland :(. I would love to be able to do both, or combine the trip, but unfortunately my wonderful employer locks our summer vacation time to around the first week of July, and while I could take one week off in July, then a few days in August, it would not be enough time to see all of my family, and definitely not enough vacation time for me to get to Scotland early enough (there's also the cost of two trips).  With our numbers issue I hate to do this, but we cannot delay this trip any longer as my grandmothers are not getting any younger...

Camille
chris.stockton52

Post by chris.stockton52 »

Sean:

The Stocktons are in for two beds.  Could be one, I guess, if it's big enough.  Ideally, the two beds would be in the same room, but we're not overly picky...
  --chris
Evan
Advanced Member

Post by Evan »

Hey guys!  My oldest son, Dan, will be coming with me to Scotland this time.  

He will be our own professional photographer.  

So, there's a couple of things....is there a way he can get a press pass at any of the games so he can get up close and personal pics?  Also, we need to think about what kind of special thing we want to do with the images he captures....book maybe?  Something numbered that's a collector's item?  I don't know.  Ideas would be good though so we know what we want when we get there.
Ken L
Advanced Member

Post by Ken L »

I am planning on competing. Not sure yet if I will have teaching duties, which would probably eat into one week of the two-week preparation time. Better than the two-day last time.
Just me, Ellie might come later for an extended family visit.
-Ken
cruickies
Advanced Member

Post by cruickies »

Ali told me that there are some really good flight fares at the moment for next year. Think we should start block booking??