Scotland Worlds 2018

Private forum for discussions pertaining to the Worlds (visible only to people part of the Scotland group).
Kirby
Advanced Member

Re: Scotland Worlds 2018

Post by Kirby »

That's up to you man, I probably will not book until we have a positive go order from Doug, in early/mid-December. For this trip everyone will be responsible for their own flight, which will be compared to an official "band flight" for pricing purposes.

But out of curiosity, where are you finding these great deals? (Melissa said she saw one too) When I check google flights, its still $1400 plus, which is where its always been hovering for awhile.
cruickies
Advanced Member

Post by cruickies »

Google flights generally but also look at Scott's Cheap Flights.
Evan
Advanced Member

Post by Evan »

Hey guys!  I just checked out Turkish Airlines.  They fly all over the world.  I found a round trip flight from Houston to London for $450!  I'll probably be booking my flights this afternoon.  Then it's just a $60 hop to Glasgow from there.  Pretty good prices if you ask me!
cruickies
Advanced Member

Post by cruickies »

Folks,

There is a big question about STPB going to Scotland this year. Please can we have as many people at practice on Jan 11th. The plan is to make the decision that night. If you are not able to make it, let me know and well make a plan do that your voice is heard.

Thanks and Happy New Year to yll!! Hope 2018 is better than 2017!
Last edited by cruickies on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skyhawk
Advanced Member

Post by skyhawk »

FYI, if you recall, this section is icky visible to people that we a go for Scotland last time, so this thread isn't visible to all.

I can either move this thread into another area, make the Scotland section visible to all band members, or update the list of people that should have access...
cruickies
Advanced Member

Post by cruickies »

Sport folks! My bad I said the 18th of Jan and it should be the 11th!!!

Thanks for the catch Melinda!

We really need to know sooner rather than later what folks thoughts are.
Doug
Advanced Member

Post by Doug »

Many thanks to everyone for their attendance and input last night.  As you either know, or may have heard, some last minute information about a few folks has iced the deal.  We will not be going to Scotland this year.  However, everyone has agreed to start planning hard for Scotland 2019.  

Because we have been playing this Medley for a couple of years and we will not be going to Scotland this year, we will be getting a new Medley soon.  If you have any tunes which you would like to play as a part of the new medley, please send me the sheet music ASAP.  Deadline is next Thursday, 18 Jan.  Anything you send before then will be considered.  However, I have already started looking at tunes, so if you want your tune considered, then the sooner I get it the better.

In lieu of Scotland, we're looking at trying to compete in Stone Mountain in Grade 3, and trying to get permission to play up to Grade 2.  If we're not allowed to do that, we'll look at Pleasanton.

Please mark the two weeks leading up to the Worlds in 2019 on your calendars!