Scotland 2019 - a couple of thoughts

Private forum for discussions pertaining to the Worlds (visible only to people part of the Scotland group).
lwaters
Advanced Member

Scotland 2019 - a couple of thoughts

Post by lwaters »

What a trip! I want to say thank you to everyone who put their heart and soul into our 2019 competition. Everyone worked their asses off to make sure they were in top form for Glasgow Green, and I want all of you to remember how we felt when we marched out of the circle last Saturday. We played our best when it really mattered, and I'm proud of all of us! The encouragement and support we gave each other along the way really speaks to the character of our band.

The judges' scoring was a disappointment, but I think we should use what they tell us as constructively as we can, changing what needs to be changed and making sure we continue to improve.

I'm grateful to every member of this band -- each player was critical to us allowing to compete at the Worlds this year, as were all our families and supporters who helped us along the way. Let's keep it going!

I do not regret that I won't have to share a dorm bathroom in the foreseeable future.

Love you all!

ninasloan

Re: Scotland 2019 - a couple of thoughts

Post by ninasloan »

Here here, Lori! Love and hugs to everyone for a job well done!!!
wsdick

Post by wsdick »

tardy to the thread, but absolutely have to concur.
let's let this be a good jumping-off point to even better performances and results.
Ken L
Advanced Member

Post by Ken L »

Back from the Outer Hebrides in one piece and highly recommend that anyone visit for a view of a very different but highly evocative part Scotland.
The result was disappointing to me as I thought we had played as well as we could and expected to be higher up the list. Of course I have not seen any sheets yet, but whatever they say, I think we have built a good foundation here and have the talent to fix things if necessary.
Everyone put their shoulders in, but I'd like to say an extra special thanks to Doug, Lori, Hylton and Colby for their leadership, each in their own way.
-Ken